Requirements for activities in the controlled areas of the HZB
Performance of scientific experiments in the controlled areas of the HZB
Activity as external company in the controlled areas of the HZB
Authorities for Berlin and Brandenburg responsible for granting permissions according to § 15 Radiation Protection Ordinance and registration of radiation passports:
|State Berlin:||Landesamt für Arbeitsschutz, Gesundheitsschutz und technische Sicherheit (LAGetSi)
|State Brandenburg:||Landesamt für Arbeitsschutz
Telefon: (0331) 28891-61 (Frau Ryle)
|Please ask yourself for the authorities of other federal states!|
Responsible radiation measuring bodies - nationwide:
|State Berlin:||Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung
Telefon: (030) 90166-415, 416, 410, 413
Fax: (030) 90166-444
|New federal states:||Landesanstalt für Personendosimetrie und Strahlenschutzausbildung (LPS) des Landes Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
Köpenicker Straße 325, Haus 41
Telefon: (030) 6576 3126
| Radiation passports are also available here.
|NRW, Rhineland-Palatinate, Lower Saxony, Saarland, Bremen||Personendosismessstelle
Telefon: (0231) 4502 517
Excerpt from the Radiation Protection Ordinance:
§ 15 - Occupation in external plants or facilities subject to permission
(1) Those who employ persons under their supervision in external plants or facilities or perform tasks themselves and this may lead to an effective exposure of more than 1 mSv for these persons or themselves, is required to apply for a permission.
(2) For activities according to clause 1 in plants or facilities dealing with radioactive substances, § 9 clause 1 No. 1 to 5 shall be applicable accordingly and for activities according to clause 1 in connection with the operation of facilities for the generation of ionising radiation, § 14 clause 1 No. 1 to 5 shall be applicable accordingly.
(3) In case of activities according to clause 1, the instructions of the responsible person for radiation protection and the radiation protection officer of the plant or facility which are given in performing their obligations according to § 33 shall be followed. The owner of a permit according to clause 1 shall provide that persons employed under his supervision observe the instructions of the responsible person for radiation protection and the radiation protection officer of the plants or facilities.
§ 9 - Requirements of permission for dealing with radioactive substances
(1) The permission according to § 7 clause 1 shall be granted, if
1. no facts and circumstances exist which result in concerns regarding the reliability of the applicant, his/her legal representative, or in case of legal entities or body of persons not vested with legal capacity, of the persons authorised for representation or management by law, by-laws or articles of association, and, if no radiation protection officer is required, if the applicant has the required expertise in radiation protection,
2. no facts and circumstances exist which result in concerns regarding the reliability of the radiation protection officers and they have the required expertise in radiation protection,
3. the required number of radiation protection officers is available for safe performance and the authorities required for performing their tasks has been granted to them,
4. it is ensured that the other persons involved have the required knowledge on possible radiation hazards and the protective measures to be applied,
5. it is ensured that such equipment is available and such measures have been taken, which are required according to the state of scientific and technical knowledge so that the protective provisions are met.
(§ 14 correspondingly says).