Program PhD STUDENT RESEARCH ABROAD
The program PhD STUDENT RESEARCH ABROAD is intended to allow PhD students a research stay abroad for up to three months. Excellent PhD students have the opportunity to gain international experience in their field of research and to use methods and instruments related to their thesis outside Germany. The stay abroad has to be arranged in a way that it fits into the regular 3 years' time for the doctorate. To guarantee a close matching of the research topic abroad and the subject of the thesis the application has to be submitted by the supervisor in cooperation with the PhD student.
- Enhancing the attractiveness of HZB for PhD students
- Promoting successful participation in international scientific projects
- Improving the academic networking among universities, research instituts and enterprises and among doctoral students and scientists
- Supervisors who would like to promote PhD students in gaining scientific experience abroad
- PhD students who are employees of the HZB