Reference No.: FM 2023/12
- Are you looking for a job that never gets boring and offers you the chance to constantly grow?
- Would you like to support research into renewable energies for a climate-neutral energy supply in the future through your work
- Is it important to you to work in a team that you can rely on and that will provide you with ideal support during your induction? Then come and join us at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin!
In our team for building and systems engineering, we are responsible for the operation of the technical infrastructure and technical building equipment at the HZB sites in Berlin-Wannsee and Berlin-Adlershof. Specifically, this means that we look after a large number of rooms and laboratories with a wide range of requirements and users. Your job with us will never be boring and you will have the chance to deal with new experiences and challenges every day. We like to work as a team and make sure that you have a good induction with us.
If you are an operations engineer (career starters are very welcome) who would like to work at our site in Adlershof and enjoys learning new things, you are in the right place with us!
- You prepare and implement planned and preventive maintenance measures for the technical building equipment and optimise the energy efficiency of our technical systems.
- You eliminate malfunctions – also on-call, which is paid extra or which you can convert into additional free time.
- You take over work preparations for newly created projects.
- You are responsible for the new construction and conversion of technical building equipment in all facility groups.
- You are the contact person for our scientists regarding technical engineering questions.
- You plan and coordinate investment measures and prepare feasibility studies.
- You prepare decision-ready drafts in cooperation with external engineering offices and are responsible for selecting these companies (following tendering procedures) and evaluating their performance.
- Completed relevant studies in the areas of building or energy technology, electrical engineering, technical building equipment, supply engineering with a diploma, master’s degree or comparable degree
- Very good knowledge of technical building equipment: heating, ventilation, sanitation, and electrical engineering
- Desirable: three years of professional experience
- Desirable: several years of experience in handling planning and construction tasks in the field of technical building equipment: planning, site management, cost controlling and project management
- Good knowledge of relevant legal regulations and VDI rules
Good knowledge of MS-Office, CAD and AVA software, use of Computer Aided Facility Management software systems (CAFM)
- Basic knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Very good command of German and good command of English
- The opportunity to contribute together with researchers from all around the world to the development of renewable energies, energy stores and next-gen technologies for a climate-friendly future
- A secure, crisis-stable job
- Work-life balance
- Flexible work hours with flexitime
- 39-hour week
- 30 days paid leave
- Mobile working on up to three days/week
- Comprehensive counselling services for family and career
- Health management and company sports programmes
- Financial support for public transport (Deutschlandticket Job)
- Continuing education opportunities
- A company pension scheme (VBL)
- And a team that looks forward to meeting you!
The employment contract is unlimited. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application managemen system by 30.11.2023. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by other tmeans (such as email or mail) in the application process.
We very much want our workplace to be diverse, and welcome applications from people with different backgrounds. It is our mission to promote equal opportunities and to improve women’s representation in the workforce. We are therefore very interested in receiving applications from women. Where the qualifications are met, we will give preference to people with disabilities.
+49 8062 43804
Climate change poses serious challenges to the whole world.
At Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, we are researching materials for a climate-neutral future. 1200 employees from all over the world are working together at HZB towards this goal. Join us, and help us achieve it!