Transport to the HZB-MX Laboratory
Empty the remaining liquid nitrogen completely, once the absorbent material within the dewar is soaked completely. Therefore, you do not need to declare the shipment as "Dangerous Goods". Use cable ties to prevent curious individuals from opening your dewar.
Please schedule at least 3 working days between the day of dispatch and the start of your experiments. Try to arrange a delivery between 8:00 – 12:00 from Monday to Friday, and avoid delivery on weekends or public holidays. On working days our staff will take care of the dewar and immediately replenish it with liquid nitrogen.
Your courier will require the following information:
- Weight and dimensions of your package
- Description of contents like "Cooling container with frozen crystals for scientific experiments at receiver. Not dangerous. Not restricted, as per IATA special provision A152."
- HZB address: Your name (name of the person doing the experiment at HZB-MX)
c/o Dr. Manfred Weiss
AG Makromolekulare Kristallographie
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Shipment Notification and Dewar Labeling
We recommend to label your dry shipper with clearly visible safety and handling declarations, like
- Arrows pointing up and "Keep Upright"
- "Do Not Drop" or "Handle With Care"
Click here for a dry shipper label in PDF format.
Please fill in the following form to provide us with the neccessary information about your dewar shipping to HZB-MX. This information is important to follow the transport of your dewar and prepare for on-site storage.
Once you submitted the on-line form an email will be sent to you automatically containing the data you provided together with a pdf file. This document can directly be used as dry shipper label.
Input fields marked with * are mandatory.