- Start XDSAPP.
- Select the directory in which your images are stored by clicking the "load" button in the left column and browsing through your file system (the images are not visible).
- After clicking "choose", a list of data sets contained in this directory is shown. Select the data set of interest.
- In the Settings tab you can change parameters as e. g. "Spot range" or "Friedel's law" (default: unknown).
- Start indexing/processing by clicking the appropriate button in the left column. "Do all" will perform all the steps given in semi-automatic procedure: "Index", "DEFPIX" (without visual feedback), "Integrate + CORRECT" (with a Pointless run to check the reflection conditions), "Analyse" (XDSSTAT, XDSCONV, SFCHECK, phenix.xtriage...).
- In the "Integrate plots" and "CORRECT plots" tabs, plots of the most important statistics of the processing steps are generated.
- The most important results from the indexing step, preliminary statistics of the integration step(s) and a summary of the processing are given within the "Summary" tab.
- Processing results will be in the subfolder "xdsapp" within the directory containing your images. The files "results_<dataset>.txt" and "results_<dataset>.html" within this folder summarize the results of the processing by XDSAPP. For a more detailed output, see the "Logfiles and pictures" tab, as well as the "Running output" tab, which contains the usual terminal output from the programs.