1 squared ARPES
The 1 squared ARPES system is aimed at a much wider spectrum of angle-resolved photoemission experiments than its 1 cubed sibling. The system is equipped with a manipulator with 6 degrees-of-freedom (the IFW Dresden designed Cryoax 6) that allows for a much broader exploration of reciprocal space. In addition, the system has versatile sample handling and preparation facilities.
• High-flux, high-resolution plane grating monochromator beam-line.
• 6-axis manipulator operable in 20 - 300 K temperature range.
• High-resolution Scienta R8000 electron energy analyzer, optimized for low energy applications.
• Flexible sample handling.
Preparation and characterization facilities
• LEED optics.
• Ion-gun for sample cleaning.
• Conductive lower-temperature annealing stage (T ≤ 1400 K) or
• Electron bombardment annealing stage to allow for preparation of refractory metals.
• E-beam metal evaporators.
• Quartz microbalance.
• Magnetization coil.
• Samples can either be mounted on Omicron plate holders, or IFW-designed Cu wedge holders for best low-temperature performance.