Department Spin and Topology in Quantum Materials
Full 6-axes cryogenic manipulator “S6.Cryo” for ARPES experiments
Designed for controlling a sample position in ARPES (angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy) measurements. The six axes include three linear translations (X, Y, Z) and three independent rotational motions: polar (P), azimuth (A), and tilt (T).
- Small size (effective diameter 70mm)
=> can be used in virtually any commercially available ARPES vacuum chamber (which typically has reduced port diameter due to requirements for external magnetic field shielding).
- Full 130° Tilt rotation
=> more geometrical freedom in inserting samples
=> the possibility of measurements at a very high emission angle (in remote Brillouin zones of the sample material).
- Sample temperature range: 10K to 500K
- Customized add-on for sample environment.
Optional installation of customized add-on for sample environment. Add-on can be brought to (and retracted from) the sample under measurement conditions.
- magnetic coil/yoke
=> allowing sample magnetization
- 4-contact socket for electrical connections to the sample stage
=> allowing in-operando sample biasing, ferroelectrics polarization, etc.
Customer- and application-specific add-ons can be offered on request.
- Manipulator is used on daily basis at 1^2 ARPES station at BESSY II synchrotron user facility, where we can get straightforward feedback.
- Two years of usage prove.
We are scientists with extensive experience in ARPES measurements and vacuum technology, and we like building things. We test and use what we build - that is our quality advantage.
The manipulator will be commercially available on request