Qualification offers and engagement @HZB
There is a huge variety of both in-house and external qualification offers available to HZB doctoral researchers. These include various transferable skill trainings and the mandatory course on "Good Scientific Practice". The HZB Graduate Center is available to all your questions around your qualification needs, simply get in touch with us here.
Offers specifically addressed to HZB doctoral researchers are announced here and via the hzbdoc-mailing list.
- In order to apply for an in-house workshop or training please follow the process decribed here.
- For external qualifications, it needs to be clarified who covers the cost before you apply. Costs can be covered either by the central qualification budget from HZB, if a request has been made and granted (more information here). Or alternatively, the OU must guarantee to cover the cost.
Upcoming in-house qualification offers
Scientific Writing - April 25 and May 2, 2022 - registration is open here
Next course on Good Scientific Practice
HZB regularly offers an in-house training on Good Scientific Practice, that is announced via the hzbdoc-mailing list and here on the website. Alternatively, participation in a similar training offered by Berlin-Brandenburg universities is also possible.
Every HZB doctoral researcher is obliged to take training on Good Scientific Practice, ideally in the first year of their doctorate.
Good Scientific Practice - planned on September 30th 2022 as an in-person course in Adlershof
It is possible to participate in some courses offered by the Berlin and Brandenburg universities. Do not hesitate to contact the Graduate Center in case of any questions about your qualifications, or directly contact the organizing university for questions concerning the specific offer you are interested in.
For external qualifications, it needs to be clarified who covers the cost before you apply. Costs can be covered either by the central qualification budget from HZB, if a request has been made and granted (more information here). Or alternatively, the OU must guarantee to cover the cost.
Courses offered through external organizations as part of the Berlin University Alliance are available to HZB doctoral researchers free of charge unless otherwise specified.
There are various opportunities for HZB doctoral researchers to be involved in activities at HZB. Such as participation in:
Please directly contact the responsible person in order to receive details about your potential participation in the events.
Offers available to HZB doctoral researchers
Navigation main sections
- Welcome @HZB
- HZB Doctoral Guidelines
- Doctoral researchers portal
- Doctoral researchers @HZB - short profiles
- Scientific Board of the HZB Graduate Center
- Scientific trainings and seminars
- News, awards and events
- Further information and support
- HZB Research Schools
- Helmholtz International Research Schools
- Representation of doctoral researchers