VEKMAG is a Vector Superconducting Magnet station which is being jointly developed by Regensburg University, Free University Berlin, Ruhr University Bochum, and Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin. The instrument is located at Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, in the experimental hall at the PM2 beamline of the synchrotron facility BESSY II.
Assigned to beamline(s)
|Pressure Range||For details contact the station manager.|
|Detector||Photodiodes, drain current|
|Sample holder compatibility||For details contact the station manager.|
The instrument is designed for XAS/XMCD measurements, for resonant and-off resonant soft X-ray scattering methods, as well as for time resolved ferromagnetic resonance using XMCD, in high magnetic fields and for a temperature range of < 2 K - 500 K. It provides a 9T field in the beam direction, a 2T field in the horizontal plane and a 1T field in the perpendicular direction. A 1T vectorial field can be applied in all directions. The home beamline is located at the PM2 bending magnet at BESSY II.
Single axis magnetic fields:
-9 T along the beam direction
-2T perpendicular to the beam direction, in the horizontal plane
-1T along the vertical direction.
Vectorial magnetic fields:
-2T in the horizontal plane
-1T in all directions
-Low Temperature Variable Temperature Insert (LT-VTI) : 2K-350 K
-Ferromagnetic resonance Variable Temperature Insert (FMR-VTI) : 8K-500 K
For the parameters of the beamline see:
- N. Y. Schmidt et al., Phys. Rev. B 100, 064428 (2019)
- Phys. Rev. Lett., 122, 037601 (2019)
- A. Alhassanat et al., Phys. Rev. B 98, 064428 (2018)
- L. Kipgen et al., Nature Communications 9, 2984 (2018)
- R. Aeschlimann et al.,Adv. Mater. 2018, 1707489 (2018)
- A. A. Sapozhnik et al.,Phys. Rev. B 97, 184416 (2018)
- B. Hebler et al., Phys. Rev. B 95, 104410 (2017)
- T. Noll and F. Radu, The Mechanics of the VEKMAG experiment, Proceedings of MEDSI2016, 370 (2017)