Update 24.11.2020 / Information on user operation at HZB under COVID-19 safety measures
Information on user operation at HZB: Due to the infection incidence only groups from Berlin are able to measure at BESSY II or in the HZB coreLabs at the moment. For all other user groups, the beamtime / measurement time has been cancelled up to and incl. calendar week 50.
High safety precautions are in place, strict hygiene and clearance rules apply. You can find the obligatory rules and measures at HZB as well as the regulations for resuming user operation under User Access.
Our key rules are:
- NEW: Access for external users (from Berlin) only after confirming the form "Access for measurement guests, service providers and visitors etc.". (i.e. the previously obligatory corona test is no longer required due to limited test capacities)
- Wearing a mask that covers the mouth and nose is obligatory in all HZB buildings, laboratories, and experimental facilities
- A minimum distance of 2 metres must be kept between all persons
- Corona-related research at BESSY II is still possible without restrictions
- if necessary, remote measurements at BESSY II and "sample-mail-in" measurements are also possible However, this depends strongly on the available capacities on site. Please contact your beamline supervisor and clarify the availability.
- The CoreLabs and other laboratories are only available for external users from Berlin. Please contact the respective contact persons for information on the specific situation and the supplementary rules applicable in these areas.
The measures at HZB are being continually assessed and adapted according to the current development of the COVID-19 pandemic. The legal basis in the State of Berlin is the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance. The effective version can be found at: https://www.berlin.de/corona/en/measures/directive/
Please address any related questions to the central email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your understanding and your support in implementing these measures!