BESSY II Radiation Safety Requirements
Access to radiation protection areas at HZB, Adlershof site
The following requirements/documents must be fulfilled/provided by guests who wish to access the radiologically controlled areas at BESSY II (including the entire experimental hall), the MLS, HoBiCaT and bERLinPro:
- Radiation Protection Delimitation contract with HZB (or German version)
- Radiation Protection Register (SSR) number
- Radiation passport; if German, it must be registered and actualised to 2 months, and SSR- and company number must be entered on page 3
- GATE registration for users oder POFSTA registration for service personell
- Radiation protection and safety training (validity 1 year)
- Registration to the beamline via the responsible beamline scientist, time for installation should be included
- German companies only: valid §25 authorisation; available from the competent state offices for health and safety at work
These requirements apply in principle to anyone wishing to gain access to radiation protection areas. Exceptions exist within the framework of the 7-day regulation exclusively for guided visitor groups, users of the MX beamline, and service personnel with whose company no delimitation agreement has yet been concluded.
Private persons may only be allowed access within the framework of a guided tour.
Persons under 18 years of age, pregnant women and nursing mothers, persons with open wounds, as well as persons who lack one of the prerequisites, are prohibited from access.
Eating and drinking as well as the use of skin creams is forbidden in radiologically controlled area.
If you have any questions concerning the delimitation contract, the §25 approval and the radiation passport, please contact your radiation protection officer. As a rule, the radiation protection officer knows whether the documents already exist.
If you have any questions, we are happy to support you! Please contact our Radiation Protection Office. Contact details can be found in the right-hand column.