Radiation Protection Wannsee
The department of radiation protection is responsible for all radiation protection duties in the Helmholtz centre Berlin for materials and energy at campus Wannsee.
As the staff department in the infrastructure division, it is directly responsible to the managing director in charge of this division.
The main tasks are personal dosimetry monitoring of all employees working in radiation protection areas of HZB, radiation protection monitoring in these areas as well as Technical Radiation Protection.
The radiation protection has numerous measuring devices and instruments to perform the monitoring tasks. These include fixed measuring points in the experimental areas, in the vent stack of the reactor and in the measuring stations in the surrounding area. All measuring points are connected to the central radiation protection computer. Furthermore, systems for meteorologic measurements are in operation, such as the SODAR system. A monitoring car equipped with state-of-the-art measuring devices is available for measurements outside the premises of the institute.
For general questions (e.g., registration within the scope of the User Coordination) please contact: email@example.com
Contact and Fields of Activity
Access to ‘radiation controlled areas’
- Radiation Protection Act (StrlSchG) (in ger)
- Radiation Protection Ordinance (StrlSchV) (in ger)
- Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS)
- Information on the new legal requirements in occupational radiation protection (BfS)
- Radiation Protection Register (BfS)
- The SSR Number – basic information and how to apply for it (BfS)
- Radiation Protection Register Number Portal (SSR) (BfS) (in ger)
- Strahlenmessstelle Berlin
- weitere Links