Books and reports - search, retrieve and order
Search and order books or reports
Springer e-Books pick&choose until 30.06.2019 (PDF and epub)
The online catalogue OPAC of the HZB library shows
- the complete HZB book inventory
- this includes entries of books which are located in department libraries
- e-books which are accessible from HZB computers
- the report inventory starting with the year 1992, over 750 000 older reports (e.g. our US AEC Depository Library) are not searchable electronically here, please ask us fpr further help
- conference proceedings
- HZB reports and formerly HMI and BESSY reports (all discontinued) since 1957
- you may use the wildcard symbol * for portions of text that you don't want to specify
- ebooks in the catalogue can be found by searching for "ebook" followed by clicking on the title
- don´t use umlauts (ä, ö, ü) or ß in the search fields
Some external book catalogues
Frequently asked questions about the OPAC
A book is in stock but shown in red, what about it?
Please click on the title line, you then get additional information
A book is in stock but taken out
Please talk to us (Tel. 42659 or 42660) or leave an e-mail (email@example.com), we will check the status of the book for you.
A book is not available and the signature contains the extra entry "Hdex"
It is a book whose location is in one of the (mostly historical now) HZB departmental libraries. Please talk to us, we try to get it from there for you.
I want to know who has taken out a book from the library
Privacy forbids to make this information public - remember that the OPAC can be searched worldwide. If you need a book which has been taken out we will look up the necessary information and will tell you whether we can call back the book or not.
When I start the searching I get the message "retry connecting"
Please do what you are asked to do: click on the line retry connecting.