Books and reports - search, retrieve or order
Search and order books or reports
Springer e-Books pick&choose until 30.06.2019 (PDF and epub)
Some external book catalogues
Springer e-Book Archive Naturwissenschaften (PDF and epub)
The online catalogue OPAC of the HZB library show
- E-books (without the three e-book collections of Springer)
- Conference proceedings
- Loose-leaf collection
- Diploma thesis
- Master thesis
Every book at HZB is registered with a special signature. You may look at our library classification (PDF).
- You may use the wildcard symbol * for portions of text that you don't want to specify.
- E-books in the catalogue can be found by searching for "ebook" followed by clicking on the title.
- Don´t use umlauts (ä, ö, ü) or ß in the search fields.
- The extensive stock of so-called grey literature (reports, company publications and the US AEC Depository Library, approx. 750,000 titles) is only incompletely catalogued electronically. Please ask us, there are other finding aids.
- The Springer e-Books of the Collection Archiv Naturwissenschaften 1845-1989 are permanently accessible.
Frequently asked questions about the OPAC
A book is in stock but shown in red, what about it?
Please click on the title line, you then get additional information
A book is in stock but taken out
Please talk to us (Tel. 42659 or 42660) or leave an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), we will check the status of the book for you.
A book is not available and the signature contains the extra entry "Hdex"
It is a book whose location is in one of the (mostly historical now) HZB departmental libraries. Please talk to us, we try to get it from there for you.
I want to know who has taken out a book from the library
Privacy forbids to make this information public - remember that the OPAC can be searched worldwide. If you need a book which has been taken out we will look up the necessary information and will tell you whether we can call back the book or not.
When I start the searching I get the message "retry connecting"
Please do what you are asked to do: click on the line retry connecting.