We offer GitLab as a tool for distributed version management of software projects. Among other features, it has a system for continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) and many other functions. GitLab is thus an alternative to similar offerings such as GitHub and Bitbucket.
Many of these functions are controllable via an API. To use the API, more information is available at https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/README.html.
The service is usable by anyone with a HZB-account, no request needs to be made to use it.
GitLab can be accessed at https://gitlab.helmholtz-berlin.de/.
It is also possible to authorize external users (non-HZB) on GitLab repositories.
1. To do so, please obtain confirmation of the following two policies by email from the external user(s):
2. Forward this confirmation by e-mail to the Service-Desk and ask for the user to be set up with the following information:
- the full name of the external user
- email address of the external user
- name of the GitLab repository
More information can be found in the help function of the GitLab server: https://gitlab.helmholtz-berlin.de/help/user/index.md
... or on the GitLab developer pages: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/index.html