Many user packages of the openSUSE distribution and additional repositories have been installed. There are many tools for software development and for science purposes avaliable:
- the GNU compiler collection (C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran): gcc, g++, gfortran, gcj
- the highly optimizing Intel C++ compiler and Intel Fortran compiler: icc, ifort, idb, idbc
- on dinux6 only: the open64 compilers: opencc, openCC, openf90, openf95
- the analyzing and virtualizing programs PV-Wave and IDL: wave, idl
- the mathemathical problem solvers GNU Octave, Mathematica and MATLAB: octave --force-gui, mathematica, matlab
- the physics environments ROOT, MAD-X and the (outdated) CERNLIB (not avaliable on dinux6, dinux7 and dinux8): root, mad8
Please ask our Service-Desk for any additional software package and the installation of special software without pre-packed sources.