Welcome to the website of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) operates two large facilities for materials research: the neutron source BER II and the synchrotron source BESSY II, which provide deep insights into the structure of materials and the processes within complex systems. Each year around 3,000 scientists are using the HZB infrastructures. One important focus of HZB research is thin film photovoltaics and solar fuels. HZB is a member of the Helmholtz Association and has co-founded the Photovoltaic Competence Centre (PVcomB), to promote the transfer of technology and knowledge into industry.
News and Press Releases
- 25.09.2014 HEC-17
- 26.09.2014 25 Jahre Freundeskreis Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin e. V.
- 29.10.2014 Neutron Scattering in Magnetic Fields Above 15 Tesla
- 02.11.2014 Autumn School on Microstructural Characterization and Modelling of Thin-Film Solar Cells
- 01.12.2014 BESSY II - Tender X-ray Workshop
- 03.12.2014 User Meeting 2014
- 26.01.2015 BESSY II - From PICO to FEMTO, Time-resolved studies at BESSY II
- 13.09.2015 16th International conference on Small-Angle Scattering (SAS 2015), in Berlin