Welcome to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
At the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB), we conduct research on complex systems of materials that contributes to dealing with challenges such as the energy transition. The HZB research portfolio includes solar cells, solar fuels, thermoelectrics, and materials for new, energy-efficient information technologies (spintronics) or electrochemical energy storage. Research on these energy materials is closely connected with the operation and advanced development of the BESSY II photon source. And our research approach always concentrates on thin-film technologies. Find out more at this About us.
News and Press Releases
Current job opportunities
- Postdoctoral Scientist (f/m) in the fiel...
- Detailed studies of wakefield effects, ...
- Using ambient pressure X-ray photoelectr...
- 03.07.2018 Jubiläum 20 Jahre Augentumortherapie am HZB
- 02.09.2018 - 06.09.2018 SE 2018 - 10th International Workshop on Sample Environment at Scattering Facilities