09.10 - 09.30 Agustin Escardino Malva, European Commission, DG Research & Innovation, New and Renewable Energy Sources, Deputy Head of Unit (bio)
"EU Innovative financial instruments supporting clean energy innovation"
- BIPV and architectural envelopes companies
Franz Karg, Triumph Science and Technology (Avancis), Chief Technology Manager (bio)
"Variability, Aesthetics and Safety: Making PV a Real Option for Building Facades"
Reiner Mack, ONYX Solar Germany, Managing Director (bio)
"Unlimited - Photovoltaic Glass for Building Intergration"
Christoph Schmidt, NICE Solar Energy
„Next generation BIPV“
- BIPV R&D in national labs
- Q&A Session
||A market pull approach is central to these workshops to answer the following key questions:
- What innovation, be it aesthetical, technological, legislative, financial or otherwise, is required by the building industry stakeholders (developers, planners, architects, owners etc.) to enable massive-scale deployment of solar building skins/BIPV?
- What is required to stimulate innovation among investors, building industry and PV industry through an interdisciplinary collaboration?
In the following working groups, different aspects of the workshop´s key question will be addressed and the various issues discussed should lead to an effective approach to stimulate Innovation within the Energy Efficiency and BIPV sector:
1- New buildings / Focus on innovation of solar building skin technologies / BIPV
Chair: Nicolo Guariento, ARUP, Building Envelope Desing / Gregor Kassl, ARUP, Berlin
- National developers’ and building industries’ approach for integration of energy efficiency measures and solar building skin technologies / BIPV into innovative design concepts.
- Development of an innovative approach for facade integration of BIPV with building envelopes companies, together with developers, architects and investors for specific projects.
2- Existing building stock / National real estate companies:
Chair: Christine Lemaitre, DGNB, CEO
- Development of market approach for renovation of existing building stock with innovative building skin technologies / BIPV and energy efficiency concepts. Evaluation of various BIPV solutions, based on stakeholders’ needs.
3- BIPV-technological needs and opportunities for the national building material and PV industry
Chair: Sebastian Lange, Allianz
- Input for national research and development approach
4- Financial Mechanism / Improvement of financial conditions:
Chair: Agustín Escardino Malva, European Commission, DG Research & Innovation, New and Renewable Energy Sources, Deputy Head of Unit
- Financial suport instruments for innovative BIPV projects in new buildings and in existing building stock