Welcome to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
At the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB), we conduct research on complex systems of materials that contributes to dealing with challenges such as the energy transition. The HZB research portfolio includes solar cells, solar fuels, thermoelectrics, and materials for new, energy-efficient information technologies (spintronics) or electrochemical energy storage. Research on these energy materials is closely connected with the operation and advanced development of the BESSY II photon source. And our research approach always concentrates on thin-film technologies. Find out more at this About us.
News and Press Releases
Current job opportunities
- PhD Student in Accelerator Physics for t...
- PhD student in accelerator physics for b...
- 2 PhD students (MSc in Physics or Chemis...
- 15.10.2018 - 11.02.2019 Ringvorlesung an der FU Berlin: Zum Gedenken an Lise Meitner
- 17.01.2019 - 18.01.2019 Automation in Beamline Control and Data Acquisition
- 14.02.2019 - 15.02.2019 12th Annual Meeting Photonic Devices