Welcome to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
At the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB), we conduct research on complex systems of materials that contributes to dealing with challenges such as the energy transition. The HZB research portfolio includes solar cells, solar fuels, thermoelectrics, and materials for new, energy-efficient information technologies (spintronics) or electrochemical energy storage. Research on these energy materials is closely connected with the operation and advanced development of the BESSY II photon source. And our research approach always concentrates on thin-film technologies. Find out more at this About us.
News and Press Releases
Current job opportunities
- The position is to use primarily the exp...
- PhD Student (m/f/d) in Accelerator Physi...
- PhD student (m/f/d) in accelerator physi...
- 28.03.2019 Girls Day
- 08.05.2019 Azubi-Tag der offenen Tür: Ausbildung und duales Studium am HZB
- 15.09.2019 - 20.09.2019 Workshop on Energy Recovery Linacs (ERL2019)