The instrument Diffraction is a 6-circle goniometer in psi-geometry. The sample is mounted on a motorized stage that allows movement in all directions. Two detectors are available: A scintillation detector (Cyberstar) and an area detector (Bruker Vantec). 2Θ angles up to 140° are accessible with the area detector. The instrument is located at the KMC-2 beamline, which provides X-ray radiation with very stable energies in the range between 4 and 14 keV. This combination covers most scattering requirements.
Modular Sample Environment available at KMC-2 include:
- TMP-HTF-VAC-XRD , a custom-build Be-domed furnace with in-build turbopump for experiments up to 900 °C in ultra-high vacuum (10-6 mbar); this furnace is restricted to Θ-2Θ geometry.
- TMP_HTF_IG_XRD , Anton Paar DHS 1100 furnace for experiments up to 1100 °C in air, inert gas or mild vacuum (10 mbar) without limitations on the movement of the goniometer.
- TMP-CCR-HXR, closed cycle refrigerator for low-temperature experiments (15 - 450 K) and controlled gas loading up to 150 kPa.
- TMP-CJ-XRD, cryo-gas-jet for investigations of small samples at low temperatures (20 - 300 K) in controlled gas atmospheres up to 1000 kPa.
- TMP-SGJ-XRD, capillary system for experiments with small sample volumes at high temperatures (240 - 850 K) and controlled atmospheres up to 1000 kPa.
- Grazing incidence diffraction (GID)
- Reciprocal space mapping of single crystal Bragg reflections
- Diffuse scattering
- Powder diffraction
- Anomalous diffraction
Assigned to beamline(s)
|KMC-2||4 - 15 keV||linear horizontal|
|Temperature range||20-1000 °C|
|Pressure Range||Check text. For more details contact the station manager.|
|Detector||Scintillator, Area (Bruker Vantec)|
|Manipulators||Huber 6-circle goniometer|
|Sample holder compatibility||Check text. For more details contact the station manager.|