USER SERVICE - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We would like to draw your kind attention to the following letter from our board of directors to all our BESSY II users: letter to our users
- If necessary, operation might have to be interrupted even on short notice
- Beamtime that has to cancelled due to the pandemic is cancelled for good
- Re-scheduling or backlog is not possible
Due to the current infection incidence in Berlin the following rules apply (PLEASE NOTE: These rules can be changed on short notice in accordance to the current pandemic situation)
(1) From calender week 26 (June 28, 2021) national research groups and users from Germany as well as external users from EU and EU associated countries are allowed to perform experiments at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs.
PLEASE NOTE: External users from high incidence and virus variant areas (according to RKI definition) are still excluded. Staff assisted and remote executions are possible. Please go to remote access and contact your BL scientist.
(2) All access rules follow the entry restrictions issued by the German Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI). Please check with the BMI prior to your trip to find out which regulations apply.
(3) Starting with June 25, 2021 all external users (regional, national and international research groups) must present a daily negative rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 with the result being not older than 24 hrs (24 hrs from the date of result, indicated on the test certificate) before starting work at HZB (incl. daily testing in case of a stay of several days at HZB). A PCR test before starting work at HZB is not required anymore. Please take this into consideration while preparing for your beamtime (Corona test facilities in Berlin).
(4) The test must be presented to the HZB User Office. If possible, please send it in advance to email@example.com. Otherwise, the test must be presented to the security personal at the entrance of BESSY II. If you arrive outside working hours or on the weekend, please present the test on the next working day until 12:00 CET. Please note that we reserve the right to revoke the access right if a negative test is not presented in time.
(5) Fully vaccinated people do not need a negative test result. The complete vaccination (with a vaccine approved by the German Federal Government) must be proven before starting work at the HZB.