Apply for Beamtime
New users are always welcome. The HZB Beamtime Coordination and HZB User Office are the major points of contact for all current and prospective users of the HZB user facility BESSY II. Please do not hesitate to contact us for administrative help or support. Together with the HZB instrument scientists we can help you with your beamtime application or your stay at BESSY II. All HZB users receive a high level of support during beamtime.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS 2021/II
The HZB User Coordination kindly invites you to submit beamtime applications for the proposal round 2021/II for the synchrotron facility BESSY II, the MX beamlines and the facility EMIL.
- Beamtime will be allocated in the time period August 2021 to December 2021
- Deadline: 1 March 2021, 23:59 (CET)
- BESSY II beamtime applications may only submitted via the general access tool GATE
- Please find a list of available instruments here
- A guide for beamtime application can be found at our webpage or as a printable version Guidelines
- More detailed information on the recent call can be found at CALL 2021/II
Resubmission of former proposals starting with 201 / 202 / 211 is not possible for round 2021/II.
Due to the Corona pandemic, we have a very large number of cancelled proposals. This number exceeds the number of beamtime available in the next semester. Therefore we have decided not to reschedule cancelled beamtimes and to ask all users to submit a new proposal.
DEADLINES FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
The deadlines for BESSY II, MX and EMIL beamtime applications are March 1st and September 1st.
Applications for experiment time for the X-Ray CoreLab at Adlershof can be submitted at any time. There is no deadline for CXR proposal.