27.03.2020 - #Corona: HZB has been converted to minimal operation on 20.03.2020
We too must help to slow down the spread of the corona virus. For this reason, after carefully assessing the situation, the HZB has been converted to minimal operations on 20 March. Exceptions are the proton therapy and SARS-CoV-2 related projects for which we offer a fast track access.
We will continuously update the information on this page. We follow the current recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute, the Federal Ministry of Health and the Senate Chancellery and ask all parties involved for their understanding.
Minimum operation at HZB
The HZB has been converted to minimum operation with immediate effect on 20 March 2020. This means that the accelerator BESSY II will be shut down, all laboratories will stop operation and only the urgently required technical and administrative infrastructures will be maintained with the minimum number of staff according to the emergency plans. User operation at BESSY II is suspended until 20 April. The user operation in the CoreLabs of the HZB (user labs) aresuspended until the end of April.
- BESSY II offers priority fast track access for groups who require instrument time for projects directly related to SARS-CoV-2 (more details).
- Proton therapy: Patient operations will be continued as planned until further notice. If changes become necessary due to further developments, all affected persons will be informed in time.
Furthermore these measures apply:
Immediate cancellation of all events and visitor groups until 20.07.2020 in accordance with the notification of the Senate Chancellery, e.g.:
- The Long Night of Science on 6 June 2020
- Physics for breakfast on 8 July 2020 is cancelled.
- Groups of visitors cannot visit our facilities.
- School lab groups are cancelled.
- Workshops and scientific events are cancelled.
- all trainings offered by HZB company sports are cancelled.
Access for external companies: In order to ensure effective containment of the corona virus, employees of external companies may only enter HZB if they have had no contact with an infected person within the last three weeks (neither privately nor professionally). This must be confirmed in a written form (see download box). Further information can be obtained from your respective contact person at HZB.
HZB staff will get fresh information via the intranet.