Measures and Regulations against the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
By the beginning of March 2020 we were forced to impose some restrictions to slow down the spread of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Now we are very pleased to announce that we gradually reduce these restrictions and resume user operation at our facilities. In the following you will find some useful information and guidelines that apply during the COVID-19 pandemic period.
HZB has resumed operation
- We have resumed user operation starting Tuesday, January 12.
- Please note the access rules given below.
- If necessary, operation might have to be interrupted even on short notice.
- Beamtime that has to cancelled due to the pandemic is cancelled for good.
- Re-scheduling or backlog is not possible.
Due to the infection incidence in Berlin and the classification of Berlin as a risk area the following access rules apply:
(1) From calendar week 45 (2020) to 7 (2021) only in-house and CRG user groups from Berlin area were able to measure at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs. For all other user groups, the measurement period was cancelled.
(2) From calender week 8 (2021) national research groups from Germany were allowed to perform experiments at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs.
(3) All international experiments scheduled until calender week 18 (May 9, 2021) are canceled. Staff-assisted and mail-in experiments are possibe. Please contact your beamline scientist and find more detailed information on remote access here.
(4) Starting with April 1, 2021 all external users (regional and national research groups) must present a negative molecular biological PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 (NO rapid antigen and NO self testing) with the result being not older than 48 hrs when coming to HZB. Please take this into consideration while preparing for your beamtime (Corona test facilities in Berlin).
(5) The test must be presented to the HZB User Office. If possible, please send it in advance to email@example.com. Otherwise, the test must be presented to the security personal at the entrance of BESSY II. If you arrive outside working hours or on the weekend, please present the test on the next working day until 12:00 CET. Please note that we reserve the right to revoke the access right if a negative test is not presented in time.
(6) The relevant date for the validity is the day of arrival at HZB as registered in GATE, which cannot be more than 2 days after the day of testing (sample taking).
More detailed information can be found below.