USER SERVICE - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We would like to draw your kind attention to the following letter from our board of directors to all our BESSY II users: letter to our users
- If necessary, operation might have to be interrupted even on short notice
- Beamtime that has to cancelled due to the pandemic is cancelled for good
- Re-scheduling or backlog is not possible
HZB has resumed operation starting January 12, 2021. Please note the detailed access rules given below. These rules can be changed on short notice in accordance to the current pandemic situation.
Due to the infection incidence in Berlin and the classification of Berlin as a risk area the following rules apply:
(1) At present only national research groups and users from Germany are allowed to perform experiments at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs.
(2) All international experiments scheduled until the end of calendar week 24 (June 20, 2021) are canceled. Staff assisted and remote executions are possible. Please go to remote access and contact your BL scientist.
(3) Starting with April 1, 2021 all external users (regional and national research groups) must present a negative molecular biological PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 (NO rapid antigen and NO self testing) with the result being not older than 48 hrs when coming to HZB (48 hrs from the date of result, indicated on the test certificate). Please take this into consideration while preparing for your beamtime (Corona test facilities in Berlin).
(4) The test must be presented to the HZB User Office. If possible, please send it in advance to email@example.com. Otherwise, the test must be presented to the security personal at the entrance of BESSY II. If you arrive outside working hours or on the weekend, please present the test on the next working day until 12:00 CET. Please note that we reserve the right to revoke the access right if a negative test is not presented in time.
(5) The relevant date for the validity is the day of arrival at HZB as registered in GATE (not the start date of the experiment) which must not be more than 2 days after the day of the test result.