HZB USER SERVICE
CORONA MEASURES - PLEASE NOTE
- Only vaccinated or recovered persons are admitted (2G rule)
- All users must present a negative PoC (point-of-care) antigen test
- If necessary, operation might have to be interrupted even on short notice
- Beamtime that has to cancelled due to the pandemic is cancelled for good
- Re-scheduling or backlog is not possible
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) operates the large scale research facility BESSY II, a third generation synchrotron source on Wilhelm-Conrad-Röntgen-Campus in Berlin-Adlershof. BESSY II provides ultrabright photon beams from the long wavelength Terahertz region to hard X-rays with complete control of the polarization of the radiation and energy range. In addition, HZB is home to a number of state-of-the-art on-site laboratories and CoreLabs. All these research facilities are designed to serve researchers from universities, foreign research institutions and industry.