USER SERVICE - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We would like to draw your kind attention to the following letter from our board of directors to all our HZB users: letter to our users
HZB has resumed operation
- We have resumed user operation starting Tuesday, January 12.
- Please note the detailed access rules given below.
- If necessary, operation might have to be interrupted even on short notice.
- Beamtime that has to cancelled due to the pandemic is cancelled for good.
- Re-scheduling will not be possible.
Due to the infection incidence in Berlin and the classification of Berlin as a risk area the following access rules apply:
(1) from calendar week 45 (2020) to 7 (2021) only in-house and CRG user groups from Berlin area were able to measure at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs. For all other user groups, the measurement period was cancelled.
(2) from calender week 8 (2021) national research groups from Germany are allowed to perform experiments at BESSY II and HZB CoreLabs.
(3) all international experiments scheduled from calender weeks 8 to 11 are canceled. This cancellation includes staff-assisted and mail-in experiments as well.
In response to the increasing overload of Corona-test facilities, HZB decided to refrain from the mandatory negative Corona-test as prerequisite for allowing access to the HZB facilities. Users who are intending to work at one of the HZB facilities have to submit the form 'Corona Info for external user' prior to their visit, confirming that they had no contact to persons infected by the Corona virus within the last 3 weeks. We make this form available to all registered experimentalists. Please fill in the form and send it to email@example.com. We need this form in order to prepare your access card. Upon your arrival bring the original form and hand it over to the guards at HZB. No access card without this form.