Business card Prof. Dr. Heinz-Eberhard Mahnke
- Ion beam physics
- Nuclear solid state physics
- Local structures determined by
- Hyperfine interactions
- x-ray absorption spectroscopy (EXAFS)
- Ion beam applications
- Virtual unfolding/unrolling of papyri by tomographic techniques
- Most recent result in Journal of Cultural Heritage 41 (2020)264 under https://doi.org/10.1016/j.culher.2019.07.007
- History of physics (especially related to Lise Meitner)
Conferences, symposia, events
- AARD 2007 French-German summer school on "Analysis in Art with Radiation" with follow-up NanophoNArt 2009 (Nanophotonics in Nature and Art) and STICH 2011 (Science and Technology in Cultural Heritage)
- Gordon Research Conference „Scientific Methods in Cultural Heritage Research“ July 29 to August 3, 2012, Mount Snow Resort, West Dover, Vermont, initiated, with follow-up conferences July 27 to August 1, 2014, Sunday River Resort, Newry, Maine, and July 31 to August 5, 2016, Sunday River Resort, Newry, Maine, and July 22 - 27, 2018, Rey Don Jaime Grand Hotel, Castelldefels 08860, Spain.
- ManuSciences 2015, French-German summer school on "Manuscripts - from Fragments to Books - from Identification to Interpretation"
- Theater play on Lise Meitner "KERNFRAGEN - Gedenken an Lise Meitner" (ESSENTIALS in memoriam Lise Meitner), 13.11.2018 and 15.2.2019, FU Berlin (see FU-Berlin and HZB-Blog), 5.12.2018 Bonn, 7.12.2018 Mainz, 8.3.2019 Wien.
Teaching FU Berlin Fachbereich Physik:
- WS 2013/14: 204070/1 Nuclear Physics and Elementary Particles for master students
- WS 2016/17: am FB Geschichts- und Kulturwissenschaften Hauptseminar 13903 "Kulturgutforschung"
- WS 2018/19: Interdisciplinary public lecture series "Zum Gedenken an Lise Meitner" (see FU-Berlin)
Participation in the following programs:
- Under the title "Localizing 4000 Years of Cultural History. Texts and Scripts from Elephantine Island in Egypt" (ERC Project ELEPHANTINE Verena Lepper, ÄMP, SMB-SPK)
- Under the title "Folded Time – Egyptian Papyri" (Verena Lepper, Curator of the papyrus collection, SMB-SPK) at the Einstein Center Chronoi (https://www.ec-chronoi.de/ )