Update 15.10.2020 / Start of user operation under COVID-19 safety measures
On October 13, user operation at the electron storage ring BESSY II has resumed. Due to the infection incidence in Berlin and the classification of Berlin as a risk area, only groups from Berlin will be able to measure at BESSY II at present. For all other user groups, the measurement period in calendar weeks 42, 43 and 44 has been cancelled. Furthermore, users have been informed that the beamtimes for week 45 to 50 might be cancelled at short notice. We take the responsibility for our guests seriously, who are not recommended to travel under these conditions.
High safety precautions are in place for the resumption of user operations. Among other things, external measurement guests at BESSY II and in other laboratory facilities of HZB must submit a negative corona test. In addition, strict hygiene and clearance rules apply.
You can find the obligatory rules and measures at HZB as well as the regulations for resuming user operation under User Access.
- Corona-related research at BESSY II is still possible without restrictions
- if necessary, remote measurements at BESSY II and "sample-mail-in" measurements are also possible However, this depends strongly on the available capacities on site. Please contact your beamline supervisor and clarify the availability.
- The user operation in the CoreLabs and other laboratories available for external guests has already been partly resumed. Please contact the respective contact persons for information on the specific situation and the supplementary rules applicable in these areas. A negative PCR test result is also obligatory here before starting work at HZB.
The measures at HZB are being continually assessed and adapted according to the current development of the COVID-19 pandemic. The legal basis in the State of Berlin is the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance. The effective version can be found at: https://www.berlin.de/corona/en/measures/directive/
Our key rules are:
- Access to external measurement guests only upon presentation of a negative COVID-19 test
- Wearing a mask that covers the mouth and nose is obligatory in all HZB buildings, laboratories, and experimental facilities
- A minimum distance of 2 metres must be kept between all persons
Please address any related questions to the central email address: email@example.com
We thank you for your understanding and your support in implementing these measures!