Institute Silicon Photovoltaics
Roth & Rau TCO Sputtertool
The Roth&Rau Microsys offers the deposition of transparent conductive oxides. Targets for ITO (Indium-Tinn-Oxide) and IZO (Indium-Zinc-Oxide) as well as for tungstenoxide (WOx) are installed and can be deposited via RF- or DC-excitation.
- Substrate sizes up to 8 inch
- Temperatures up to 200°C
FHR PVD cluster
The PVD cluster from FHR GmbH can be used for general purpose metallization. Right now, silver with rates up to 80nm/min can be deposited
Thermal evaporator CREAMET
Aside from sputtering, metal layers can be deposited by means of thermal evaporation. The institute operates a CREAMET 350 evaporator from CreaVac GmbH.
- Two evaporation sources
- Metals: Titanium, Silver und Aluminium
- Thicknesses up to 1,5 Mikrometer
- simultaneous deposition up to 4 substrates of 10x10cm²
- monitor-crystal for process control