Journals - search, retrieve and order
This page is your starting point if you need access to the full text of an journal article, whether
- the journal is directly accessible for you because it is in our portfolio of licenced journals or
- it is in our stock of print journals or
- neither is the case and we need to get the full text for you from another library (inter-library loan)
- article retrieval with DOI resolver Unpaywall
- article retrieval with DOI resolver DOAI.IO (free sources first)
- article retrival with FATER - automatic interlibrary loan
- open acces journal and article search with DOAJ
- article search with Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- journal search with Electronic Journal Database EZB
our stock of print journals
External access to electronic papers
In case you initiate a journal search,
the color of the traffic signals give some indication whether full texts of a journal are accessible throuh a licence (yellow), accessible for everyone (green, Open Access journals), or not accessible (red). Tables of content and abstracts are usually accessible in any case.
Please note that the traffic signs, other than in real life, are not binding indications here. There can be a number of reasons why they show a false color.
Hint: Due to the manual method of entry, the access status may be false.
For more hints about e-journals, see here.
Conditions of use
Please note the conditions of use issued by the respective publisher.
Usually these are points you should be aware of:
1. Access to full texts is limited to scientists working at the licencing institution.
2. Full texts may be printed or stored only for research purposes by the person who was granted access.
3. Systematic downloads of articles, notably by robots, are not permitted.
4. Articles may not be given to people outside the licensing institution, neither in electronic nor in printed form.