Department Structure and Dynamics of Energy Materials
2nd Rietveld School at HZB LMC 24 - 28 April 2023
Welcome to the registration webpage of the
2nd Rietveld School at HZB LMC, taking place from 24. to 28. April 2023.
The Rietveld School will cover the following topics:
Introduction to Rietveld Analysis, a technique to obtain crystal structure information from powder diffraction data
Crystallographic space groups and International Tables for Crystallography (Vol. A)
Whole powder pattern fitting (Le Bail refinement)
Full crystal structure analysis using X-ray diffraction patterns
- Visualisation of crystal structures
Multiphase refinement and quantitative phase analysis
For further details, please refer to the -> detailed school program.
- To participate in the school, you should be familiar with general principles of crystallography and have practical experience applying diffraction methods.
- Theoretical lessons and practical exercises are coordinated with each other. Therefore, full participation on all days is mandatory.
- The general school times are Monday to Thursday 10:00 - 16:30, Friday 10:00 - 15:00. Additionally, there will be a school get-together on Thursday at 17:00, to which all participants are cordially invited.
- The Rietveld school will take place in seminar room DV338 LMC in person, therefore the number of available places is limited.
To register for the school, please use the registration form below.
----- Registration is open until Friday, 17 March 2023. -----
Thank you very much and best wishes,
Michael Tovar, Susan Schorr, René Schwiddessen, Daniel M. Többens
The online registration is closed. For any queries please contact: Dr. Michael Tovar, 42768, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar room DV 338 LMC